Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Rocket and I went to my parent's house in NW Iowa for Thanksgiving.  My parents have 3 ares unfenced, so it's an area that he can run in on a long line.  He loves all the smells, so he was really getting down with tracking down bunny smells...then he flushed one!  I was glad I kept him on a line - I didn't expect him to track anything down so quickly and was contemplating letting him off leash, but he would have been long gone after that bunny - I was only able to hold him back because I was relatively close when the chase began. 

He has this really "polite" way of doing his business while he's at their house - he'll only poop in the ditch or outside the property line.  Nice!

I also discovered that 4 days with Rocket as the only dog is a little much.  He's so much a mommy's dog already that he just gets worse when it's the two of us.  He's figured out my Dad - Dad gets annoyed with the wet nose in the hand all the time, but my dad also has the habit of when he feels a wet nose he automatically starts to pet the dog in question...which Rocket uses to his full advantage.  He uses the lean with my Mom to get attention but the nose in the hand with my Dad.  Amusing to watch, and even funnier when my Dad gets mad about it.  LOL!

He did a good job with visitors, too.  When he was younger he didn't want strangers touching him, but as he's gotten older he's gotten more confident and relaxed, so he'll basically let almost anyone touch him.  It all depends on the approach - if someone automatically goes for the top of his head and moves in his space, he backs up.  I'm glad to see his improvement.

We made it back home ok, and we were both glad to see Noodle, Ruby, and Allie when we got home.  :)

Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope everyone had a good holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment