Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Making his editorial debut....

Been awhile!

We "graduated" from our advanced obedience class last night, but it probably doesn't really count.  We did novice Obed run throughs last week and last night.  Rocket's not really ready for a heeling pattern - we're still "training" heel, but we gave it a shot.  He did a good job, but I want his heeling refined more - head up looking at me at all times would be our goal, and he's just not there yet.  The world is too distracting for his intact little mind.

We're trying two methods for weaves in agility - channel and 2x2.  I have no clue which one we're actually going to use, since we just started the 2x2 and we've been working the channel method every other class.  I'll keep working on both and see which one clicks in his little brain.

Leah and I went and visited his breeder on Sunday -  and after discussion, my husband and I are going to wait until he's two to make any life altering decisions about him.  I'm going to worm him again and the Prozyme has been ordered, so we'll see if that makes any difference.  He's a much more reliable eater now, it just seems like the nutrients don't "stick," so he remains skinny.  I'm switching him to Acana Wild Prairie - we thought he had a chicken intolerance but apparently it was just the Pro Plan overall, not the protein source. 

Breeder will be featured in DPM for November, so ads were needed of her dogs, and at the last minute, it was decided that Rocket will grace a page this month!  Good thing Leah, in all of her designing creative awesomeness, already had an ad made that only needs to be changed to black and white and needed a word switched.

I'm looking forward to seeing this month's edition!

No comments:

Post a Comment