Friday, December 10, 2010

For some reason, I have the urge to train Allie.

Allie and Noodle are the "elusive" dogs - the ones that I've tried to train, but to only minimal success. 

Noodle is a lost cause (but I may try earthdog with her, someday - girl's got some prey drive and an awesome sniffer!) but Allie...Allie was my starter dog.  She went through all of our public classes at DMOTC, but once I became a member, I focused more on Ruby, the more willing worker that doesn't have the attention span of a hummingbird and doesn't lose her brain when people are around.

She knows all of the novice commands except for heel - I couldn't get any attention from her....ever.  Her damn nose gets in the way of EVERYTHING.  But as I've gotten more experience with training, I want to try again and see what we can do together.

I'll have to bring an extra crate with me tomorrow and see how she works at the club.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment