Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I've gone and done a mean thing.

Rocket is a very bad brother.  He feels it necessary to practice his "art" on the girls as much as he can, and while Jeremy and I have done everything to discourage what he does, after about 10 seconds he'll go back to doing what he wants to do.  His art includes:
1.  Trying to drink pee.  Gag.
2.  Following girls around and keeping his nose in their butt while they are peeing.  Yuck.
3.  Sniffing every possibly spot a girl peed in the yard and trying to taste every spot. 
4.  (see a pattern emerging?)
5.  When he wants satisfaction, he knows no bounds.  This is the main reason he and Ruby have disagreements - she is clearly saying "eff off buddy" and he's saying "I do what I want."
6.  I've noticed as he's gotten older than he will blow me off.  I tell him to quit - it lasts ten seconds and he goes back to trying to do what he wants.  I've tried everything I can think of - redirection, immediate time out in his crate, immediate "go lay down," grabbing his muzzle to get his attention...nothing works.

As a last resort and to reduce stress on the girls, I went to Bass Pro and got a shock collar.  The evil person inside of me thought it'd be funny to see his face when he goes to sniff a butt obnoxiously and gets a mild correction - would he associate vajayjay with a shock?  I sure hope so!

So I was a mean mom and set him up to fail.  I let him outside with the girls, all wound up, to see what he would do.  Somehow, he managed to foil me - everytime I told him to leave it and gave him the warning sound, he quit.

I'm sure he'll get a correction at some time, but it won't be tonight.  I'll have to try tomorrow to see if he understands the warning sound already (how I don't know) or if he needs the correction on the lowest setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment