Saturday, November 20, 2010

Where is my puppy going?

Rocket just turned 20 months, and I can tell he's maturing.  It makes me sad to see my goofy puppy in his goofy body disappearing, but I can't wait for him to mature.  His muzzle and skull are widening again, and his appetite has increased, so I know he's going through ANOTHER growth spurt.  This dog just doesn't stop....he grew UP so fast (28 1/2" at the shoulder at 8 months) that he hasn't gotten wide at all.  His chest still hasn't dropped and his ribs haven't sprung, so he looks so gangly and thin.  He's been so slow to mature that it makes me think he'll be 3 when he's finally done, then I can show him again.  I can tell his hormones have really kicked in.  He's gotten so distracted by the world around him that it's hard for him to focus.

That doesn't mean that his mind has caught up!  He's still a baby mentally, so he's a little crazy at the moment.  He's still doing a *really* good job with his training, so I can only imagine what he's going to be like when he's a "real man." 

Unfortunately I think Rocket has turned Jeremy off of male Dobermans in the future.  I'll be able to get a female in the future, as long as she's a pet...we don't want any intact females in the house.

I'm really liking Wirehaired Pointing Griffons.  Maybe in the wwwaayyyy future I'll get a male, but it looks like our future dog limit is going to be 2.  Jeremy is convinced that he must have a Boston Terrier at some point, so I may have to compromise and wait to decide on "future dog."

No comments:

Post a Comment