Thursday, January 26, 2012

Two weeks until our first Obed trial?!

This month has sort of flown by.  So many things going on that I haven't been paying attention to a calendar much!

My club is hosting a two day Obed trial on the 10th/11th of Feb.  Naturally, because I am apparently a glutton for punishment, I entered the trial without the "I'm sure of a Q" feeling that I used to rely on prior to mailing a check.

This will be the first trial for both Rocket and Kaylee.  Yes, I'm insane, and I'm showing two novice dogs at the same trial, and in the same classes.  We *should* be able to handle everything, and if they both do what they did last night while we were training, we should be able to pull Qs out of our butts for Beg Novice and Rally Novice.

In a perfect world, by Feb 18th, they will each be:

Bruda Up Like a Rocket BN RN TT CGC TDI; and
U-CH Bruda Whip Up a Dream Debut BN RN TT CGC TDI
(They'll be entered in another trial Fri the 17th, in the same classes.)

I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but I've been blessed to have the opportunity to train two fantastic dogs, and I know they both have bright futures!  Kaylee's only handicap is me, and Rocket's only handicaps are me and his two little friends. 

I'm still sticking with the goal of showing them both for their CDXs in Sept at Dobe Nationals this year.  :)


1 comment: