Wednesday, February 8, 2012

2 days and counting.....Trial time!

I'm one of those people that gets super nervous when I know someone is going to be judging what I'm doing.  So knowing that in two days I'm going to have Rocket and Kaylee in a ring with a judge is a little nerve wracking, to say the least!

We went to a fun match a week or two ago.  The building was full, dogs were everywhere, so it was as close to a real trial environment as I could get it.  I wanted to see what they would give me, and I'm glad I did it - I got to see what I needed to work on a little more before this weekend and next Friday.

Kaylee was first.  She was thrown off by the signs on the beginner novice course ("WTF are these things?? I have to check them out...make sure they aren't covering WMDs) and the fact that her figure 8 was made up of people - actual, real people that smelled awesome.  Oh, and the judge, too.  So, to help make her comfortable, we've been heeling through and around rally signs, having a dog show CD play in the background, and suckering everyone we know into being a post for a figure 8.  She did good on the sit stay, the exam, and the recall.

Rocket's runs were similar to Kaylee's.  He was more distracted during the figure 8 by the crowd on the outside, though.  Silly boy.  I've been doing the same things with him to help condition him to a trial environment.  I saw very quick improvement on all areas that we needed work on, so I'm going to hope that they bring it on Saturday and Sunday.

Cross your fingers for Qs this weekend!!

On another note...I joined Twitter.  I follow a bunch of people, but I myself don't have many followers.  I got an email alert that I had a new follower, and low and behold, it's my TV man crush - Josh Gates!

I'm not ashamed to admit I love that man.  Is it the constantly ripped pants, or the endless sarcasm?  Whatever it is, I can't wait for the next season of Destination Truth.  Come on, Syfy!



No comments:

Post a Comment