Sunday, January 9, 2011

Training Today/Ruby Update

Ruby is weird.  No more coughing, no more stressing out.....it's like she's decided it was a month of get Mom worried about my health then go to the vet and find nothing....then start acting normal again.

I think she was put on the planet to give me more gray hair.

I took Allie and Rocket to the club for training today.  Allie did surprisingly well!  She does even better without a prong collar on, so I just used a clicker and her martingale.  She didn't lose focus or lose any of her enthusiasm for the 30 minutes I messed around with her.  Our number one thing to work on if I'm ever going to show her is her sit.  She still has puppy butt, and in an attempt to be able to see my face, she'll sit about 2 feet away from me instead of right next to me.  Other than that, she was doing a great job.

Rocket had much better heeling today, but I can tell it's going to take me quite a while to get him used to keeping his head up and attention on me when we are moving.  We can reliably do about 5 steps before he has to look elsewhere, so I'm continuing to reward him for his head placement.  I added the last board to our broad jump and he handled it without any issues, so I'll be able to start moving the boards apart to get him to the distance that they will be when we trial.  He had much better attention today too, and I think his ecollar training is working...when I say "leave it", he leaves it and doesn't go back.

We'll continue to work work work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment