Monday, January 31, 2011

Sunday Classics from the IL

Disclaimer:  I can't make any of this up.  But it's possibly exaggerated, as I'm usually trying really hard not to laugh in someone's face.

We were in Illinois yesterday, where gas was about .30 cents more a gallon for the ethanol blend than in Iowa.  I'm in the back seat.

Driver: "Gas went way up again.  How many miles per gallon do you get in your car?"
Passenger: "On the way here...about 28-35."
D: "What....what?!"
P:  "Well yeah...when I put ethanol blend in it.  I get about 24 - 27 when I use Flex fuel.  I was told there's not really a reason to use the Flex fuel until after gas gets to a bit more than $3.50 a gallon."
D: "Well right, cars burn ethanol faster.  No wonder your gas in Iowa is cheaper.  They put all that ethanol in it."
P: "What?"
D: "That's why Iowa gas is cheaper.  They put so much ethanol in it compared to Illinois gas."
P:  "I'm pretty sure it's because Iowa has a larger tax subsidy for ethanol."
D: "That's what they want you to think.  I always burn Iowa gas faster than Illinois gas."
P: "But I'm pretty sure it's the same gas they sell here in Illinois.  We have state subsidies that make it cheaper."
D: "Well I don't know about that.  I'm pretty sure it's different gas."
P: "It's the same gas...the octanes are the same."
D:  "I don't know about that.  I always go through Iowa gas faster than Illinois gas...that has to be the reason."

D to P: "Pass Bob the salsa."
Bob:  "I don't want salsa."
(D and Bob are not married.)

P:  "I think we're going to get going...."
D: "PICTURES! DIDN'T YOU SAY YOU WERE GOING TO TAKE PICTURES?"

The list goes on and on....those are just a few highlights.

1 comment:

  1. Funny, that damn Illinois gas I put in the tank on Sunday is almost GONE!

    ReplyDelete