Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Taught my first class!

Last night I got to teach my first Obed class at DMOTC - beginner's obedience!

I've always liked helping the public with the basics - sit, stand, walk nicely, attention, down, etc.  Lori has been nice enough to back me up on my first attempt - we'll see how it progresses!  I think it went pretty well, we have a lot of people who understand what's going on and only a few dogs that are...exuberant.  ;)

I put Rocket in an advanced class - there are only three of us, plus Sonia.  He's doing a good job so far - I really need to teach him out to sit properly, so I'm anxiously awaiting the return of Earl so we can find matting to put on our fun box.

He really likes the box...if he's waiting for me to set something up he'll run to the box and sit.  I still need to work on our attention span!  We learned how to move our butt around too so we have nice turns and figure eights.

Allie attempted to be a nice demo dog, but got too excited and wanted to follow me around instead of staying.  I wasn't too mad at her...it's been a long time since she's been at the club and expected to behave!

Looking forward to agility classes starting up again - ready to conquer the teeter!

No comments:

Post a Comment