Saturday, October 23, 2010

Allie's Tracking Progress

I can't forget about Allie's tracking progress!  Our tracking classes are every other Saturday, and she's gone a longer/older track each time - she's up to 150 yards, aged roughly 20 minutes.  Last Saturday we tried a real challenge - I accidentally put a track upwind, so we weren't sure if the scent was going to throw her off. 

Allie likes to cast for her tracks, so she's a zig-zagger, but this time she took the straight path to her gloves.  Of course we had a party.  :)  We tried the track upwind, and the scent pulled her to the track we just ran - but I was able to re-scent her and get her on her merry way.

She loves tracking - she gets serious.  Odd for the red-zone dog.  But I figured that if it was enough to make her serious, she must be serious about it.  I'll have to improve my line handling and get her out more often to get her a TD.

No comments:

Post a Comment