Saturday, May 7, 2011

Rocket's First UKC Show

Leah and I made the short trek back to the Amana Colonies today for a UKC Show.  We managed to fit Rocket, Jayne, Chuckie, myself, and Leah in her HHR - Chuckie and I got to share the passenger seat.  :)

It was Chuckie's first show ever, and he did a fine job!  Both of the judges told him how handsome of a little man he was.  Leah and I took turns showing him, and he didn't mind the handler switches.

It was Rocket's first time in the UKC Confo ring, and it went well.  He got a Group 2 his first show and a Group 1 his second show, so he has a competition win. 

Jayne did a great job and got a BIS Altered!  WTG brotha from anotha motha!

Rocket acted like a diva.  Yes, I said Diva.  He likes to show when he wants to show, but god forbid I have him do it when he doesn't.  When he wants to, he does a great job.  When he doesn't, he decides that it's more appropriate to be in BIS and ignore bait, sniff the floor, and refuse to free stack by ignoring me.

Some day I will be smarter than my dog?

Overall a good day....off to the gym! 

No comments:

Post a Comment