Monday, May 9, 2011

Ahhh....the drama llama.

Oh the joys of owning an intact dog.

Rocket being intact isn't usually that much of a bother.  I did get the chance this weekend, however, to get to know him in his "altered state" - otherwise known as "horny little toad."

What does this altered state entail?

1.  Stacking? What's that again?

2.  Gaiting?  OH...you mean the "let's see how fast we can pull the human around the ring."


3.  What's my name?

4.  Who are you again?

5.  sniff.....sniff.....sssssssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiifffffffffffffffffffff......whine, whine...........snifffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

6.  You're blocking my view of the bitch behind you.

As fun as that all sounds, it was really, really obnoxious.  It did not help that I purposely tried to avoid the "blossoming" bitch by putting us second in the ring for BIS...only to get told by handler of said bitch "I'm going in front of you."

Now, really?  Was that necessary? Technically, my dog was the second fastest mover.  He should have gone second.  But instead, a handler with an bleeding bitch forces herself between myself and the dog in front of us, causing my immature dog to overload on delicious smells. (EEWWWW)

As my first experience showing UKC, it could have been better.  I'll keep going, but I wanted to try UKC to see if I could be successful handling my dog myself and get away from the politics of AKC. 

I did score an awesome basket at the raffle and a new Scentsy warmer, so the weekend wasn't completely without enjoyment.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that was seriously uncool. Don't worry, the show we're NOT going to in that month that ISN'T July will hopefully be better. Remember, all he needs is two little competition wins!

    And if that blossoming female is at that show (that we aren't going to) - she won't be in season. ;)

    ReplyDelete