Thursday, March 10, 2011

Something that irked me today.

Not dog related.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around something I witnessed today.  I'll give an account of the situation and see if this makes any sense.

Someone at work that you know is getting married.  That person didn't tell too many people, but several people decided that they needed to throw her some kind of celebration.  She said no several times to the idea, but it was done anyway, with gifts and cake.

I understand that marriage is a big deal.  I know how exciting it is.  However, if someone says "no" repeatedly to ideas from others about throwing her a shower, why in the world do you do it anyway?

Is the idea of celebrating something that someone doesn't want to celebrate basically ruin the whole point? Like "Oh hey, you didn't want to make this a big deal, but we're going to make it a big deal because that's what we think it should be?"

I don't know.  It's just something that hit me today, and I'm still thinking about it hours later.  Ugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment